Fall Indoor Hurling Season Is Here!
Beginning on Thursday, October 3 and continuing through Thursday, December 19, the Milwaukee Hurling Club has reserved an Indoor Field at Uihlein Soccer Park. In total, we have a ten-week fall season. Mark your calendar – every Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Here are the details and specifics:
- MHC Members Interested, fill out this form.
- MHC Hurlers will be responsible for sticks and helmets. The Club will supply the pinnies and sliothars. We cannot use the regular sliothars. Instead, we use a softer version more appropriate for indoor play. Extra hurleys will be available to borrow or purchase.
- Each two hour session will be divided into one-hour segments.
- The first hour, 6:00 p.m – 7:00 p.m., will be an open session stick-toss. Six players per team on the field at any one time. Sub-in on the fly. If you show up, you play. The cost is $5/session.
- The second hour, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. will be structured team play. Maximum of four co-ed teams with a maximum of ten players per team. Six players on the field at one time – a goalie, two backs, two forwards and one midfielder. Sub-in on the fly. If you show up, you play. Each week, we will have round-robin play such that each team has a half-hour of play. The cost of team play will be $45 (9 weeks x $5) payable at the start of team play.
- If you are interested in playing on a team, please respond back to this e-mail ASAP. Participation in the team play will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once we get to 40, all others wanting to participate in the team play will be put on a waiting/sub-in list.
- Team play will not start until the second session – Thursday, October 10. This will allow the Club to choose team captains and assign players to the teams.
For those of you who have enjoyed indoor hurling in the past, please come back!
For those of you who have not played indoor hurling before, come on out and try it. It’s a lot of fun. It’s a great way to keep your hurling skills up and get some good exercise, too!
See you Thursday!