The Milwaukee Hurling Club is hosting a team for the 2013 run/walk to Milwaukee Irish Fest. This is a run/walk with prizes for top runners in each gender/age group. Run will be held on Saturday, August 17th starting at the North gate of Meier Festival Park. Here is the schedule:
- 8:00 a.m. – Registration & Kid Zone Open
- 9:30 a.m. – Pre-race Warm Up & Stretching
- 10:00 a.m. – Run Begins * 10:05 a.m. – Walk Begins
- 10:45 a.m. – Post-event Celebration & Award Ceremony
Post-event includes a free beer for participants whose race packets are picked up ahead of time (the Irish equivalent of dangling a carrot in front of a horse). Cost is $30 for adults, $15 for kids 12 and under. Add $5 if registering after August 7th. Proceeds benefit the Arthritis Foundation. For your money, you get:
- Beer! (value $5)
- Free admission to Irishfest the day of the race (value $ 17)
- An event T-shirt (value $10)
- Satisfaction of knowing that you have helped a great cause in the fight against arthritis (value: priceless)
- Warmed up for the Saturday scrimmages (value: your pride)
Your $30 entry fee brings you $32 + infinity payback!! That’s like getting paid to run! This is also a great way to show our appreciation to one of our new sponsors.
To sign up – go to Run To Irish Fest 2013
- Click on “Register”
- Choose “Join a Team”
- Search for Milwaukee Hurling Club
- Follow the instructions to complete registration and pay entry fees
Note: If we get 12 people to sign up for this event, Irish Fest will add our logo to the shirt!
Hope to see you there!
July18July 18, 2013